View Collections | Browse Cultural Objects | Browse Oral History
Coverlets, Cultural Objects
Queen’s Delight (navy, coral, cream)
PlacesFloyd County, Virginia
- Pattern: Queen’s Delight (Poor Man’s Damask)
- Colors: navy, coral, cream
- Dimensions: 99 x 79 inches
- Panels: three (26 1/4, 26 1/2, 26 inches wide) joined and hemmed by hand
- Pattern is not matched between two of the three panels
The Queen’s Delight pattern has a contemporary look with its squares and rectangles. Navy is the dominant color with coral and cream bands breaking up the blue. This coverlet has areas where the wool threads are worn and there are some stained spots.
This coverlet was discovered for sale on the blanket shelf at the Angels in the Attic thrift store.